What are the costs involved in clinical trials?
The tests and evaluations required for each study are performed free of charge. Some studies offer travel and parking reimbursements. Since each study’s compensation varies, it is best to contact us for specific information.
What do I need to bring to a screening visit?
If you are a new patient, please bring:
- Any reports from your neuropsychologist or neurologist related to your memory problems
- Any brain imaging reports (CT or MRI scans). We do not need the actual images, just the paper doctors’ reports
- Any recent blood lab tests, electrocardiograms (ECG or “EKG”)
- A list of your current medications with the name, dosage, frequency, and approximate date when you began taking it
- All our studies require a study partner–a family member or friend who interacts with you frequently every week
Is it possible that I won’t actually receive the study medication?
Our drug trials are placebo-controlled, meaning there is a chance that a participant will not receive the medication. The ratio of patients receiving treatment to placebo varies with each study.
Am I obligated to participate in a trial once I sign up?
No, all our studies are completely voluntary and participants may withdrawal at any time.